or Book it Now
ALPENHAUS is a gorgeous custom log home located in Valley of the Sun which just North of Fairplay and South of Alma in Park County. The home is only 25 minutes from Breckenridge with easy access to Highway 9. This spectacular 3 bedroom and 3 bath home is on a wooded property with fabulous views of the white-capped mountains. The home is very secluded and you cannot see any other cabins around the home. This home has every amenity that you can dream of in addition to the beautiful wooded outdoor area. It is very common to see Moose, Elk, and Deer right on the property. The Valley of the Sun has several families of Moose and Fox. This is one of the few areas where you are able to see Moose in their natural habitat.
The home has a spacious living area with a wood-burning fireplace open to the dining area and cheerful kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked and has custom cabinets and counter tops. There are 3 bedrooms. The upstairs bedroom has a king bed and there is a full bath and a loft with a twin bed upstairs also. On the main level, there is another bedroom with a full size bath (walk in shower) that has a queen size bed. The downstairs has a room with a king bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. This room is also a game room with a gas fireplace and a television with lots of movies.. The great room has a memory foam queen sleeper sofa. There is another twin bed in the loft as well.
The great room is a huge room with lofted ceilings and two-story windows that have views of the mountains and the forest. There is lots of comfortable seating as well as a cozy wood-burning fireplace that has a blower to heat the home in addition to the central heating. There are 3 full baths (one on each level). The large dining has seating for 6-8 and there is also seating at the kitchen island. The outdoor area is also spectacular at this home with fabulous views, a gas grill, a large deck with comfy chairs and a fire pit. ALL WITH GREAT MOUNTAIN VIEWS.
The home has a new Wind River Hot Tub for our winter guests to enjoy after a long day of skiing. The hot tub is on the deck and has great mountain views. Satellite TV, local phone and games are provided for the guests. Plenty of games and movies are in the game room downstairs.
The driveway is plowed in the winter and the roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is required due to the frequent snow storms in this area. We recommend it from December through April.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 25 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 30 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 25 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SE