Custom 3 Bedrm/2Bath/Views/Wooded Lot/2 Gas Stoves/Sleeps 8 in Beds
BLACK BEAR LODGE is a gorgeous vacation home in the center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains has all the amenities and all of the activities to make your dream vacation come true. The main home is located on a heavily wooded lot with Spruce trees and Aspen groves and has gorgeous views of the Continental Divide. The luxurious kitchen includes all the modern amenities. The living area is decorated with antiques and leather furniture open to the upstairs for a large luxurious feel. There are three full bedrooms - two with Full beds (one is a tempurpedic mattress) and the master has a king bed and two twin beds. The second bath is located downstairs by the room with the full size bed.
Every imaginable activity is within minutes of this home. It is located in Indian Mountain which was a ski resort back in the 1970's so it has it's own hiking and sledding mountain with picnic areas and playgrounds. There is even an old ski lodge that can be used for group gatherings during the day. Indian Mountain is in the process of building another lodge by a Pond Park for use by the homeowners and their guests. The Lost Creek Wilderness area is within 10 minutes of the cabin and has vast hiking and horseback riding trails. Pike National Forest is accessible from Indian Mountain with hunting, 4-wheeling, ATV trails, hiking, biking, etc. World class fishing is available at Jefferson Lake, Tarrayall Reservoir, Lake Antero, Eleven-Mile Reservoir, and Lake George which are all minutes away from the Cabin. Nearby ski resorts include, Breckenridge, Keystone, A-Basin, Copper Mountain, and Monarch. All are within 45 minutes to 1.5 hours form the cabin. Breckenridge is 45 minutes away.
If you are a ghost town or mining town explorer, you are in the right place. Boreas Pass, Guanuella Pass, and Mosquito Pass offer some of the best 4-wheel drive trails and ghost towns in Colorado. Buena Vista, just 45 minutes away is the rafting center of Colorado. If gambling is your hobby, Central City is just over Guanella Pass (about 1.5 hours away). Shopping - just name it. You have antique shops everywhere, outlet malls in Silverthorn, and if you want to go into Denver for shopping and museums, you are less than 2 hours away.
If you can imagine an activity, you can find it in Summit and Park County. They don't call it the "Park" without good reason.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 5-20 minutes of the home. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away.
* HUNTING... Some of the best hunting areas in Colorado are located near the home.
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 45 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 45 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 60 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 10 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 15 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 90 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 90 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 90 min. SE
Cleaning Fee is $125 and Damage Waiver is $45. Sales Tax of 3.9% applies as well as a processing fee of 3.2% if paying by credit card.
• 1 King Bed
• 1 Queen Size Bed
• 2 Baths
• 2 Full Size Beds
• 3 Bedrooms
• CD Player
• Cell phone only
• Custom Log Furniture
• DVD or VCR
• Gas Stove
• Mountain Views
• No Smoking
• Pet Friendly
• Satellite TV
• Wooded Lot
Please check our Calendar for Availability.
For more information, click to .