CHIKAROOBA is undoubtedly one of the finest properties in the area. It has been described by guests as the ideal "Retreat, Relaxation, and Recreational Paradise". We are located on five acres of pristine pine and aspen forest, and adjacent to over 150 acres of gorgeous open space forest. It is accessible year round. The remodeled home blends an ideal setting for seclusion as well as easy accessibility to major attractions and amenities. The property is ideal for entertaining, family reunions, executive retreats, or intimate getaways. We've even had a wedding here!
Chikarooba is conveniently located centrally in Colorado in the heart of diverse Park County, within walking distance to the quaint mountain town of Fairplay, a river, and a fishing reservoir. It is the ideal base camp to enjoy all that Colorful Colorado has to offer, situated at 9985 feet above sea level. For those looking to unwind... just kick back, relax, and let the pristine setting melt the stress away. Easy access year round.
OTHER SPECIFICS INCLUDE:
* Twenty-five minutes from Breckenridge, with mountain shops and fine dining.
* Within one hour from six other world-class skiing resorts such as Vail, Keystone, and Copper Mountain.
* One-and-one-half hours from Denver, and two hours from Denver International Airport.
* One-and-one-half hours from Colorado Springs, and two hours from the Colorado Springs Airport.
* Walking distance to gold medal fly fishing (Fairplay is the trout fishing capital of Colorado).
* Nearly 3000 square feet of living space, with high-end furnishings throughout.
* Five bedrooms (1 queen master, 1 queen guest, 1 double guest, 1 bunk room with 2 bunk beds, and 1 bunk room with a double lower)
* Large gathering room with media center, and wet bar for meetings and entertainment.
* Sun room doubles as a mud and gear room. Backpacks and equipment are for guests use.
* Five acres of clean, flat, woods for play, camping, and relaxation, and over 150 acres of adjacent forest.
* Plenty of space for tents.
* Secluded area on a private drive.
* Easy access year-round, plowing guaranteed.
* Huge Patio, grill, and patio furniture to seat 20.
* Full-size private and lighted sand volleyball court.
* 2 Unique 18-hole "mountain croquet" golf courses.
* Horseshoe pit.
* A great view of Mount Silverheels.
* Frequent wildlife visitations (elk, deer, bear).
* Maximum number of guests allowed overnight are 10.
If you like outdoor activities and quiet and solitude, this is the cabin for you. If you enjoy fishing, grab your pole and take a walk down to Montgomery Reservoir to catch your breakfast. You will be surrounded by outdoor and indoor activities. Whether your passion is skiing, shopping, hunting, ice-fishing, or horseback riding, you will find the best of the best within minutes of the home. There are two lakes within 2-3 minutes of the home as well as old mines, hiking trails, snowshoeing, and 4-wheel trails. Montgomery Lake and Lincoln Falls are within one mile of he home. One of the best ice-climbing areas in Colorado is right by Montgomery Lake. We will be happy to arrange hay rides, horseback riding, fishing trips, or just make suggestions as to the activities in the area. Just let us know how we can make your vacation the most memorable ever. We are here to make it perfect.
Cleaning Fee is $175 and Damage Waiver is $45. Sales Tax of 3.9% applies as well as a processing fee of 3.2% if paying by credit card.
• 4 Bedrooms
• CD Player
• Cell Phone
• Custom Log Furniture
• Game Room
• Satellite TV
• Wet Bar
• Wood Stove
• Wooded Lot