3 Bedrooms / 2 Baths / Loft with 2 Queen Beds / Wood Stove/ Great Views / In Alma
The Fair Family Cottage is located right in Alma. It is up on the hill overlooking Alma to the East and the Continental Divide to the West. The home is very isolated and backs to the National Forest. It is very wooded and has a private fire ring and sitting area for campfires at night. The home itself is a gorgeous custom home with 2 large bedrooms and a very large loft. Each bedroom has a queen size bed and the loft has two individual queen beds with a little study, sofa and dresser. There are two full baths. The luxurious kitchen is unique and tastefully decorated in cabin decor.
The views open to the wooded back wrap-around porch and the mountains. The great room has two-story windows overlooking the white-capped mountains to the West and the National Forest. The expansive deck has custom real tree rails and a great grill for entertaining or just enjoying the beautiful views.
This home is has the best of both worlds. It is isolated and very wooded with great views while at the same time is within walking distance of Alma's unique shops and restaurants. Breckenridge is a quick 20 minute drive where there are additional restaurants and shopping and of course world class skiing and snow boarding. Many of Colorado's famous "fourteeners" are within minutes of the home. You can use it as a base camp for your hiking, 4-wheeling, biking, climbing or snow-shoeing activities. There are many rivers and lakes within minutes for fishing as well. Any outdoor activity you can think of is probably within minutes of the home. If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity in the summer or the winter months. Roads are maintained year-round. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* In Subdivision... Access to National Forest/ large lots for plenty of seclusion
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowmobile, fish, ride, golf - 20 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 45 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeeping, rafting - 30 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 20min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 1.5 hours SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 1.5 hours SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. This home is in an exciting location because it is within walking distance to downtown Alma but yet is in a beautiful secluded location that has gorgeous mountain views and a heavily wooded lot.
Cleaning Fee is $100 and Damage Waiver is $45. Sales Tax of 3.9% applies as well as a processing fee of 3.2% if paying by credit card.
Please check our Calendar for Availability.
For more information, click to .