or Book it Now
Keewenaw Outpost is a darling custom log cabin that has gorgeous amenities and high vaulted ceilings. The great room has two-story windows to gaze out at the white-capped mountains, the stars. The cabin is nestled in an Aspen Grove that has trails and amazing mountain views. The home is tastefully decorated with mountain decor and log accents. The cabin is a full log home so the interior is as beautiful as the exteriorThe home has 2 bedrooms plus a loft. The two bedrooms both has queen size beds with custom log furniture. The loft has a queen bed plus a sleeper sofa. This is a perfect place for the kids to hang out. There is a foosball table and TV to entertain them. The main living are has a leather couch that is also a queen size sleeper sofa. The living area has plenty of comfy leather seating and amazing views of the mountains and Aspen trees. It has two story windows to let in lots of light and to allow everyone to enjoy the beautiful views. There is a cozy wood stove to add to the ambiance of the home as well as the warmth. The kitchen is open to the living area and has all the amenities your chef will need to make your meals. The dining area seats 6 with additional seating at the kitchen island.
Little Keewenaw Outpost is high on a hill so that you have views from almost every window in the home. The large wrap-around deck affords views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range and Pikes Peak. To the South, you can see Black Mountain and the Buffalo Peaks. From the loft, you can enjoy views of Round Mountain and the beautiful white-capped peaks to the West. The game room/Loft features a foos-ball table for family recreation or you can just sit on the deck and relax and enjoy the beautiful views!
The driveway is plowed in the winter and the roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is required due to the frequent snow storms in this area. We recommend it from December through April.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 30 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 25 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 30 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 15 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Colorado Springs. 90 min. SE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.