Located near Alma in the Valley of the Sun - 15 min to Breckenridge
This custom built authentic full log home was cabin was built in 2002. The home is tastefully with cabin decor. It has all the modern conveniences but is surrounded by natural beauty. The property is wooded and on a cul-de-sac so that you can relax and enjoy the natural beauty of the mountains. It's far enough away from the crowd to be secluded/private but close enough to get to the skiing, sites, restaurants, supplies, etc. nearby.
In winter, (4 wheel drive is recommended), there's Breckenridge world class skiing within 45 minutes or so. Numerous other ski venues (Copper Mtn., Keystone, Vail, Monarch, Ski Cooper) are within another 1/2 an hour. Other winter activities nearby include cross country skiing, snow-mobiling. During the summer, there's white water rafting, hiking, ATV trails, biking, fishing, hunting, and camping. You can relax and just enjoy the natural beauty or head out to the nearby towns/resorts/parks, and enjoy the unlimited winter and summer activities the area has to offer.
Fairplay (just 15 miles away) is the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include hiking, mountain climbing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a in the summer but is required in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* In Subdivision... Access to National Forest/ large lots for plenty of seclusion
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowmobile, fish, ride, golf - 40 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 45 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeeping, rafting - 30 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 10 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 15 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 1.5 hours SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 1.5 hours SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but be far enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle of the towns and cities.
• 1 King Bed
• 2 Baths
• 2 Queen Beds
• 3 Bedrooms
• Cell Phone
• DVD or VCR
• Gas Grill
• Local Phone
• Mountain Views
• No Smoking
• Satellite TV
• Wood Stove
• Wooded Lot
Please check our Calendar for Availability.
For more information, click to .