Gorgeous Full Log Cabin South of Fairplay -Secluded with Hot Tub
Wiohaneble Tawa is a gorgeous custom log home that has beautiful wood floors and high vaulted ceilings. The great room has two-story windows to gaze at the white-capped mountains, the stars, and the beautiful Aspen that surround the home. The home is tastefully decorated with Southwest décor and log accents. Wiohaneble Tawa is high on a hill so that you have views from almost every window in the home. The large wrap-around deck affords views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range and Pikes Peak. To the South, you can see Black Mountain and the Buffalo Peaks. From the loft, you can enjoy views of Round Mountain and the beautiful white-capped peaks to the West. The home has a private 6-person hot tub to relax after a long day of skiing in the winter or hiking in the summer. The game room features a foos-ball table for family recreation or you can just sit on the deck and relax and enjoy the beautiful views.
The driveway is plowed in the winter and the roads are county maintained but 4-wheel drive is required due to the frequent snow storms in this area. We recommend it from December through April.
Fairplay and Alma are the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include skiing, snowboarding, hiking, mountain climbing, snow-shoeing, horseback riding (winter too), ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, snow-mobiling, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 10-20 minutes of the cabin. It is a great area to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity but is recommended in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within minutes of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* Within Minutes of the home... Access to National Forest/Montgomery Reservoir, Lincoln Falls, Ice Climbing, skiing, snowboarding, and some of the best snow-shoeing and 4-wheeling in Colorado
* Breckenridge ... ski, snow-board, snowmobile, fish, boat, golf - 30 min. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 25 min. SW
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeep trails , rafting - 30 min SW
* Como Historic Railroad District - 15 min. NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 5 min. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -90 min NE
* Colorado Springs
90 min. SE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 50 min.
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 60 min SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 60 min. SE
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but also the seclusion and beauty that only a true mountain setting can offer.
Cleaning Fee is $125 and Damage Waiver is $45. Sales Tax of 3.9% applies as well as a processing fee of 3.2% if paying by credit card.
• 2 Queen Beds
• 3 Baths
• 3 Bedrooms
• 4 Twin Beds
• CD Player
• Cell Phone
• Custom Log Furniture
• DVD or VCR
• Foosball Table
• Gas Fireplace
• Gas Grill
• Mountain Views
• No Smoking
• Private Hot Tub
• Recreation Room
• Satellite TV
• Wooded Lot
Please check our Calendar for Availability.
For more information, click to .