The home has 2 bedrooms and one bath. The master office room has a queen pull out and the second bedroom has bunk beds with a queen bed on bottom and a full bed on top. There is a bath with a shower/tub combo. The bath also has a washer and a dryer.
The big family room has many options for comfy seating and a television with satellite programming as well as a DVD player so bring along your favorite movies. There is a cozy wood stove that adds to the charm of the home. The kitchen is well equipped with all dishes, utensils, and pots and pans. You will have everything you need. There is a dining table for 2 with additional seating at the kitchen counter top for two people.
The home has a large deck on back of the house with great views. In the summer months, there is a stream right by the house. In the colder months, it is a beautiful winter wonderland.
Elg Hus' ski venues (Copper Mtn., Keystone, Vail, Monarch, Ski Cooper) are within half and hour to two hours away. Breckenridge is only 23 miles from the home. Other winter activities nearby include cross country skiing, snowmobiling. During the summer, there's white water rafting, hiking, ATV trails, biking, fishing, hunting, and camping. You can relax and just enjoy the natural beauty or head out to the nearby towns/resorts/parks, and enjoy the unlimited winter and summer activities the area has to offer.
In the summer you will be in the center of all activities including old mine ruins, Montgomery Reservoir, Mt. Lincoln, Mt. Bross, Mt. Quandry and many more. Fairplay (just 10 miles away) is the activity center of the Colorado Rocky Mountains and is often referred to as the Base Camp for all activities some of which include hiking, mountain climbing, horseback riding, ice climbing, fishing, hunting, rafting, 4-wheeling, ATVing, mine exploring, canoeing, kayaking, and much much more. Alma is only 5 minutes away and offers dining, shopping, and entrances to some of the most beautiful drives in Colorado such as Kite Lake, Bristlecone Pines, and Mosquito Pass.
If you can think of an outdoor activity, you will probably find it within 20-30 minutes of the cabin. It is a great home to call your "Base Camp".
This is a beautiful home to spend any season of the year. The access is easy and 4-wheel drive is not a necessity in the summer but is required in the winter months. You can find all of these activities within a drive of the home:
* FISHING ... Gold Medal/Blue Ribbon Fishing. 5 area lakes and public river a short drive away
* In Subdivision... Access to National Forest/ large lots for plenty of seclusion
* Breckenridge ... ski, snowmobile, fish, ride, golf - 18 miles. NW
* Buena Vista ... Hot Springs, fishing, raft the Arkansas River - 46 miles. SW
* Leadville ... shopping, skiing, kayaking - 58 miles W
* Salida ... fishing, hiking, jeeping, rafting - 65 miles SW
* Como Historic Railroad District -18 miles NW
* Fairplay Historic Mining Town - 9 miles. NW
* Denver ... shopping, theaters, sports, amusements parks -95 miles NE
* Cripple Creek ... gold mining, gambling - 75 miles SE
* Canon City ... home of the Royal Gorge - 85 miles SE
* Manitou Springs ... Cave of the Winds, Pikes Peak - 86 miles SE
* Colorado Springs ... shopping, dinning, theaters, sports, music, Garden of the Gods - 90 miles SE
* Rocky Mountain National Park ... hiking - 110 miles
You will enjoy the flexibility of being able to explore all of the exciting areas in the heart of the Rockies by being in the center of all the activities. You will be able to enjoy a luxurious home but you won't have to put up with all of the traffic in Breckenridge and along I-70
**We are located in the Central Rockies so all of our homes are above 9,500 feet. Please be advised that elevation is a factor when deciding if this area is right for you.**
- Checkin Available
- Checkout Available
- Not Available
|Season||Period||Min. Stay||Nightly Rate||Weekly Rate|